There are two sizes available to choose from: SMALL (W) 6.5" x (H) 7" x (L) 8" LARGE (W) 6.5" x (H) 9.5" x (L) 10.5"
Includes a self-levelling hook on the back for hanging
House exterior has a Yakisugi finish + natural oil finish
Each house includes removable trays for easy cleaning so you can maintain your healthy bee population season after season
Every bee house is A-frame style, completely unique & one of a kind!
Hang your bee house 5-7ft from the ground in a southeast-facing area, or a location that gets the most morning sun
At the end of the season, remove trays and clear out any leftover nesting material before putting them back
It is recommended you maintain a natural finish on your bee house each year
ABOUT SOLITARY BEES There are over 4,000 species of bees in Canada and the United States, but did you know most of them are solitary? Solitary bees live alone instead of in a hive, almost none produce honey, and they are non-aggressive. These little fellas handle the pollination of our fruits, vegetables, herbs, and flowers (pollinating up to 100 times more efficiently than honey bees), but their populations are suffering due to habitat loss and increased pesticide use.
Around 70 per cent of solitary bees nest in the ground, but the other 30 per cent are cavity-nesting bees, which is where bee houses come into play! To lay their young, solitary bees require dry hollow tubes. Once a bee finds a nest (i.e. a bee house), she'll collect materials to make the “cell” for her first egg. She'll then create a pollen loaf (foraged pollen and nectar) so her larvae can sustain itself as it develops into an adult bee. Bee houses are a perfect addition to your garden & backyard, helping with the biodiversity of your flowerbeds and vegetable gardens, and of course…saving our beloved bees! SHIPPING OPTIONS Make sure toreview our Shipping Policiesbefore you purchase. All shipping within Canada comes with tracking. Please see below for USA and International shipping to determine what method best suits your needs:
Shipping to USA
Small Packet USA Air - NO TRACKING
Tracked Packet USA - tracking included
Expedited Parcel - tracking included
Xpresspost USA - tracking included
Small Packet International Surface -NO TRACKING Note: this option can take 2-3 months for delivery