Knit Pattern: Summerville Trail Beanie
The knitbrooks Summerville Trail Beanie is a double brimmed slouchy hat, with a ribbed brim and fun bobble features! Summerville Trail is a forest path on the South Shore of Nova Scotia Canada that leads through a wooded area and leads right to the ocean, a perfect place to throw on a cozy hat while exploring the woods or walking along the ocean shore.
This is a great pattern for a beginner looking for something a little more challenging than a simple slouchy hat, but not too complicated. Holding two strands of a light bulky yarn together (or one strand of super bulky), this hat works up quickly for a beautiful autumn and winter accessory (with or without a pom) you’ll definitely enjoy wearing.
- Approximately 235 yards of bulky (5 weight) yarn, OR approximately 105 yards of super bulky (6 weight) yarn
- 9.00mm circular knitting needles
- Measuring tape, scissors, darning needle
- Basic knitting knowledge required: Knitting, purling, knitting stitches together, purling stitches together
- Some basic tutorial photos are included
Sharing your DIY experience on social media? Don't forget to tag #knitbrooksDIY and #SummervilleTrailBeanie so I can see your beautiful work, or email your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org!